[HTCondor-users] repost: kill_sig = SIGINT not working

Dear List:

Each of my jobs (Vanilla universe) creates a sequence of output files.

If a job is killed, either by a condor_rm that I issue or by the timer that I set with “periodic_hold = …” in the submitted config file,

I would like the output files that have been written to be returned.

To accomplish this I have added the following lines to my config file:

  kill_sig = 2

  job_max_vacate_time = 120

The file also includes the line:

  when_to_transfer_output = ON_EXIT_OR_EVICT

Within the shell script which I use as the wrapper for each job, I catch signal 2 (SIGINT).

When that happens, the script kills the executable which is doing the work and then exits gracefully.

But the output files are not returned.

(1)    What am I doing wrong?

(2)    Can I use the linux name for the signal, i.e. SIGINT, instead of the number?

Thanks.

Regards,

Don

Signature0001