Re: [HTCondor-users] HTCondor Debian Repository Fails for multi-arch

OK. I see your problem. I will look into it a report back.

...Tim

On 08/12/2015 01:05 PM, John G Heim wrote:
Right but I don't really want i386 packages. It's just that I cannot install the amd64 packages because the "apt-get update" fails on a machine that is configured for multi-arch. I don't actually know how that works -- but I'd assume apt will install amd64 packages if both amd64 and i386 packages are available. I'm not having problems getting the 32 bit version of octave or gap.

I'm not sure this qualifies as a bug either. I think you'd have to create an empty i386 Packages.gz file in order to support multi-arch.

Maybe I can delete the mult-arch config file, /var/lib/dpkg/arch every time I install/upgrade condor.