Re: [HTCondor-users] Caching large executable on worker nodes

On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 04:31:39PM -0400, Michael V Pelletier wrote:
> The CacheD was sardonically described as "grad-student-ware" by the author
> - quite similar to a feasibility study, but with a shiny cap and gown at
> the end of it if it's done right.

To be clear, there are two different implementations of the idea of a CacheD.
One is something I did as a class project and that, while showing promise, is
not up to the level of robustness that we require for actual HTCondor software
components.  I called this the "HTCache" and I would currently describe its
quality as "grad-student-ware".

The other is Derek Weitzel's, which I believe has different semantics, a larger
feature set, and is a more substantial piece of software.

I'm not sure which you were referring to, but I just wanted to clarify that
these two are not the same thing.

Cheers,
-zach