[HTCondor-users] Problems detecting mouse/keyboard with Fedora

Hi!

We're running the stable version HTCondor 8.2.X and we've been having some troubles after upgrading to Fedora21. One of them was the negative load values that was solved in version 8.2.9 released a few days ago. However, we still have problems with mouse and keyboard detection, it's not properly working so jobs are not suspended when users begin to work on their PCs. These problems began after upgrading to Fedora19 some time ago, then mouse/kb detection failed. We tried several solutions (w/o KBDD, etc.), but none of them worked (btw, we are using condor_shared_port, just in case that's somehow related).

Finally we solved the problem with condor_usb_fix (https://www-auth.cs.wisc.edu/lists/htcondor-users/2008-February/msg00112.shtml), adding these devices to the CONSOLE_DEVICES: CONSOLE_DEVICES = mouse, console, psaux, input/mice, tty0, tty1, tty2, tty3, tty4, tty5, tty6, tty7, tty8, tty9, condor_mouse, condor_keyboard

It worked fine (both mouse and keyboard activity are detected and jobs are suspended), except that right now condor_usb_fix for condor_keyboard in many PCs goes awry and consumes 100% of one CPU core, and we have to manually kill it.

Has anyone had the same problems? Any solutions for mouse/keyboard detection?

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,

--
Dr. Antonio Dorta
Servicios InformÃticos EspecÃficos (SIE)