[HTCondor-users] Replacing my central manager - what interruptions are expected?

Dear all,

I am replacing our current manager (that is also a sched) with two new managers in high availability.
I started to drain nodes and migrating them to the new managers one-by-one (as suggested on this mailing list about a year ago).
As the old pool is getting smaller and smaller, there are some burning questions I do not know the answer to.

What happens with running/pending jobs when I switch the current schedd+manager to be just a schedd and use the new managers?
Will pending jobs be scheduled on the new cluster or will they be aborted?
Will running jobs be able to finish gracefully or will they get confused (the schedd does not change location)?

On top of the config change I am also planning to upgrade (at the same time or later) HTCondor 8.2.9 to 8.4.3. Same questions apply (are the answers listed somewhere in upgrade instructions?).

Cheers,
Luke