From: HTCondor-users [mailto:htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ou, Michael
Sent: Wednesday, 23 December 2015 2:16 AM
To: htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [HTCondor-users] Configuration file for Windows

Hi Condor Users,

We now try to implement a Condor pool using the computers (about 100 computers) within our agency. It is fantastic! However, the keyboard detection does not seem to work.

First, when there is no job running, the keyboard activity will not be picked up to switch the status from Unclaimed to Owner. Will it convert from Unclaimed to Owner due to keyboard activities? Or it will just stay in Unclaimed status? I read the manual it seems to me it should evaluate the value of START every UPDATE_INTERVAL. I am not sure if I understand it correctly.

Second, when the job is being executed on the machine, the job won't be suspended due to keyboard activities. It will continue running the job (not getting into Suspend status) even someone is using the computer.

Therefore, I think my Configuration file is not correctly specified. I appreciate if someone can share their configuration file on Windows machines that can pick up keyboard activities, or give some advices on configure my settings. All our computers are installed with Windows. Followings are what I configured to control the starter:

#-----------------------------------------------
use POLICY : DESKTOP
WANT_VACATE = FALSE
WANT_SUSPEND = TRUE
DAEMON_LIST = MASTER SCHEDD STARTD
START = KeyboardIdle > $(StartIdleTime)
CONTINUE = KeyboardIdle > $(ContinueIdleTime)
NUM_CPUS = $(DETECTED_PHYSICAL_CPUS)

Thank you very much for your help!

Michael Ou, PhD
Integrated Water Management Analyst
Nebraska Department of Natural Resources

301 Centennial Mall South, 4th floor
Lincoln, Nebraska  68509

michael.ou@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Ph:   402-471-5277