[HTCondor-users] Individual executables

Hi,

I was trying to write a minimalistic job configuration script for a simulation program we have, that essentially set up all files for its own queue manager for larger studies. It groups each job in separate folders, where all needed input files are stored. That includes the executable.

This is my executable line:
  executable     = calc/Local_$(process)/MyProject

However, it seems that for the executable string, $(process) is always replaced by 0 (when I checked condor_history afterwards at least). Now I know how to get around this (e.g. using a simple shell script), but I was wondering if this is expected behaviour? Why shouldn't it be possible to specify separate executables for each job?

In order to clarify I attach the complete example script.

Cheers,
Yngve
universe       = Vanilla

initialdir      = calc/Local_$(process)
should_transfer_files = yes
transfer_input_files = input.dat, fieldmap.edz,  remote.ini_$(process)

log            = MyProject.log

executable     = calc/Local_$(process)/MyProject
args           = 1 17 $RANDOM_INTEGER(100000,9000000)

queue 100