Re: [HTCondor-users] Memory use

On 02/23/2015 03:47 PM, Ricardo Oda wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a simple question: what happens if a running job utilizes more
> memory than the size reserved in the matched slot? Will it be killed or it
> can mess up with the memory of another slot?

Regardless of the answer to that, the wiki lists a couple of known cases
where condor gets the memory used by a job wrong here:
https://htcondor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/wiki?p=WhyLargeImageSize

So if you're running jobs that may run out of memory I recommend
limiting them to slots with enough RAM in the first place: either
request_memory=BIG-ENOUGH-NUM or select the "known good" machines some
other way and set request_memory=0 to override condor's own guesstimate.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin