[HTCondor-users] Access to renamed DAG node names

I note that DAGMAN renames nodes under several circumstances to ensure the node names are unique:

- single submission of multiple independent DAGs (name => "<num>.<jobname>")
- SPLICE (name => "<splice>+<jobname>")
- possibly SUBDAG EXTERNAL as well, I've not tested this

My question is, is it possible to have access at runtime to the chosen node name, so that for example you might have a shared submit file with

output = $(FOO).out
error =$(FOO).err

where $(FOO) expands to the unique renamed node name?

My use case is to be able to be able to compose a DAG from components, e.g.

- write out a master DAG, and children dag1 and dag2
- the master DAG uses splices or subdag to run dag1 and dag2
- dag1 and dag2 are built using the same script, and therefore have colliding node names - I want the submit files for dag1 and dag2 to be able to use a common submit file with

output = $(JOB).out
error = $(JOB).err

Or is the only to achieve something like this to use the -usedagdir submission option?

Thanks,

Brian Candler.