[HTCondor-users] Condor installation issues

Hi All,
  ÂI have been working on getting a Condor installation up and running
in a 16 core Ubuntu 14.04, with an intended use to speedup some computations
in FSL, a widely used set of tools for neuroimaging. I installed condor using theÂ
apt-get install utility
This is where I am:
1) condor_status shows me 16 slots, with slot1@machine_name, slot2@machine_name etc.

ÂName        OpSys   ÂArch  State   Activity LoadAv Mem  ActvtyTime

slot10@siddys-HP-Z LINUX   ÂX86_64 Unclaimed Idle   Â0.000 4020 Â0+09:45:15
slot11@siddys-HP-Z LINUX   ÂX86_64 Unclaimed Idle   Â0.000 4020 Â0+09:45:16
slot12@siddys-HP-Z LINUX   ÂX86_64 Unclaimed Idle   Â0.000 4020 Â0+09:45:17
slot13@siddys-HP-Z LINUX   ÂX86_64 Unclaimed Idle   Â0.000 4020 Â0+09:45:18
slot14@siddys-HP-Z LINUX   ÂX86_64 Unclaimed Idle   Â0.000 4020 Â0+09:45:19
slot15@siddys-HP-Z LINUX   ÂX86_64 Unclaimed Idle   Â0.000 4020 Â0+09:45:20
slot16@siddys-HP-Z LINUX   ÂX86_64 Unclaimed Idle   Â0.000 4020 Â0+09:50:13
slot1@siddys-HP-Z4 LINUX   ÂX86_64 Unclaimed Idle   Â0.000 4020 Â0+09:20:51
slot2@siddys-HP-Z4 LINUX   ÂX86_64 Unclaimed Idle   Â0.290 4020 Â0+09:45:15
slot3@siddys-HP-Z4 LINUX   ÂX86_64 Unclaimed Idle   Â0.000 4020 Â0+09:45:16
slot4@siddys-HP-Z4 LINUX   ÂX86_64 Unclaimed Idle   Â0.000 4020 Â0+09:45:17
slot5@siddys-HP-Z4 LINUX   ÂX86_64 Unclaimed Idle   Â0.000 4020 Â0+09:45:18
slot6@siddys-HP-Z4 LINUX   ÂX86_64 Unclaimed Idle   Â0.000 4020 Â0+09:45:19
slot7@siddys-HP-Z4 LINUX   ÂX86_64 Unclaimed Idle   Â0.000 4020 Â0+09:45:20
slot8@siddys-HP-Z4 LINUX   ÂX86_64 Unclaimed Idle   Â0.000 4020 Â0+09:50:13
slot9@siddys-HP-Z4 LINUX   ÂX86_64 Unclaimed Idle   Â0.000 4020 Â0+09:45:14
          ÂTotal Owner Claimed Unclaimed Matched Preempting Backfill

    X86_64/LINUX  Â16   0    0    Â16    0     Â0    Â0

       ÂTotal  Â16   0    0    Â16    0     Â0    Â0
My question for this stage is: does this look like a setup in which I can submit 16 jobs in parallel?Â

2) This is a personal installation, where everything is on the local machine, and I am trying to mazimize the utility of the 16 cores. Do I have to do any special settings during the installation? apt-get did not give me any options. I have been so some web sites that say that one generally gets an interactive curses like window to perform some basic settings during installation, but this was not my experience when I was installing.
3) My machine has one of those private addresses, and even though I am under a domain name, the machine itself is not discoverable on the internet/intranet. Are there any special config file directives that I must be setting in this scenario. I do see some errors like the following in the MasterLog (the xxx's are mine )

PERMISSION DENIED to unauthenticated@unmapped from host 10.xxx.xxx.xxx for command 454 (DAEMONS_OFF), access level ADMINISTRATOR: reason: ADMINISTRATOR authorization policy contains no matching ALLOW entry for this request; identifiers used for this host: 10.xxx.xxx.xxx,siddys-hp-z440-workstation.xxx.xxx.xxx.org, hostname size = 1, original ip address = 10.xxx.xxx.xxx

I sincerely hope that someone can help with this issue.Â
Thanks,
Sid.