[HTCondor-users] virtualenv, pip and htcondor (python)

Dear all,

I am currently trying to use the htcondor python bindings in our code, but I could not find a good way to make this possible.

The setup:
The experiment framework sets up a separate python version (2.7) that is newer than the OS default. On top of that our code uses virtualenv (https://github.com/pypa/virtualenv) that allows you to create an isolated python environment.

While the htcondor python bindings are available for the OS python (2.6) they are not for anything above.

So, is it possible to setup htcondor via pip or similar?

A possible solution is to symlink the OS libraries to the virtualenv installation, but there must be a better way than this:
ln -s /usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/htcondor.so external/vpython/lib/python2.7/site-packages/htcondor.so
ln -s /usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/classad.so external/vpython/lib/python2.7/site-packages/classad.so

Cheers,
Luke

 Dr Lukasz Kreczko     ÂÂ
 Research Assistant