Re: [HTCondor-users] rank by memory?

On 2015-06-19 09:13, Greg Thain wrote:

So, this expression is trying to do a "best fit" of the jobs to the
partitionable slots, in order to minimize fragmentation.  In your case,
if you want to put the selection of the machines completely in the users
hands, I would change this to

NEGOTIATOR_PRE_JOB_RANK = (RemoteOwner =?= Undefined)

So that the system sorts unclaimed slots first, but punts the rest of
the sorting to your job rank.

So "(10000000 * My.Rank)" doesn't do it?

I don't have any partitionable slots. If My.Rank = "job rank" that expression should for unclaimed node evaluate to

1M * RAM + 1M - 10K - RAM

How's that ranking a 2GB slot before a 4GB one?

Dimitri