[HTCondor-users] Can't set the CREDD pool password on some machines

Can anyone explain to me how the heck the below transcript is possible? I can allegedly set and delete the pool password but not query it. A couple machines on this cluster will not allow me to set a working pool password for no obvious reason. This is specifically run on the master machine where the credd is running.

Setting "CRED_DEBUG = D_SECURITY" fails to result in any relevant messages in creddlog. Setting or unsetting LOCAL_CREDD has no impact.

C:\> condor_config_val credd_host
ls-vm-rdp02.ca.metsci.com

C:\>condor_config_val condor_host
ls-vm-rdp02.ca.metsci.com

C:\> condor_config_val ALLOW_WRITE
*

C:\> condor_store_cred query -c
Account: condor_pool@CA

Operation failed.
    Make sure your ALLOW_WRITE setting includes this host.

C:\> condor_store_cred delete -c
Account: condor_pool@CA

Operation succeeded.

C:\> condor_store_cred delete -c