Re: [HTCondor-users] <number of jobs> argument

$$() doesn't expand until after the job is matched, so while you can do queue $(n), you can't when $(n) expands to $$().

Really, what you want is to be able to do math in the submit file, which is reasonable I think.
$$([]) is a not the way to go about it though.

What you can do is this

condor_q submitfile -a "n=579"

where submitfile has

queue $(n)

We will have to give some thought to how we could add math to macro expansion in submit.

-tj