Re: [HTCondor-users] Long benchmark in parallel with jobs?

Samir,

> My problem is -- if user jobs start in parallel with benchmarks, it could
> very well change the result if jobs and benchmarks are sharing CPU
> resources. Is this what is happening? Any way to avoid it?

It looks like it. As far as I can tell, there's no way to have
benchmarks block job execution. You might be able to incorporate a
check for Activity =!= "Benchmarking" in your START expression, but
that might possibly maybe also cause the machine to end up back in
owner state and not start the benchmark.

If you only intend the benchmark to be run at daemon start, you could
have START just delay starting jobs by, e.g. 5 minutes:

  START = (time() - DaemonStartTime) > 5 * $(MINUTE)

Thanks,
BC

--
Ben Cotton