Re: [HTCondor-users] integer overflow with default_max_jobs_running

On Mar 30, 2015, at 3:54 PM, Plotnick, Ben <Ben.Plotnick@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> We are hitting a bug with large memory machines where MaxJobsRunning is defaulted to a negative number.  I believe this is due to the fact that the default_max_jobs_running is calculated as:
>
> int default_max_jobs_running = sysapi_phys_memory_raw_no_param()*4096/400;
>
> With large amounts of physical memory (in our case 1TB), the value overflows and becomes negative causing the comparison that happens immediately after to return false:
>
> if( default_max_jobs_running > 10000) {
>        default_max_jobs_running = 10000;
> }

Thanks for the bug report. Iâve written it up in our tracking system:
https://htcondor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/tktview?tn=4966

Iâve made a fix to be included in the next release.

Thanks and regards,
Jaime Frey
UW-Madison HTCondor Project