Re: [HTCondor-users] condor_config_val request refused

On 05/21/2015 04:40 PM, Ben Cotton wrote:
> Dimitri,
>
> Do you have ENABLE_RUNTIME_CONFIG set to true and does
> SETTABLE_ATTRS_CONFIG include 'START'?

Ah, thanks, now I remember seeing "ENABLE_RUNTIME_CONFIG" mentioned.

2 questions to condor folks:

1. where is SETTABLE_ATTRS_CONFIG documented? All I see in the index is
"Variable SETTABLE_ATTRS_CONFIG must also be defined." in several places
@
http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/manual/v8.2/3_3Configuration.html#18010

Can I do e.g. "SETTABLE_ATTRS_CONFIG = *"?

2. I would think setting "START = FALSE" && condor_reconfig to be a very
common thing to do. Would you consider providing a mechanism for doing
just that? Like "condor_reconfig --stop-accepting-new-jobs"?

Right now I'm looking at a chicken and egg scenario where I want to let
the nodes finish what they're doing before I restart condor and have to
restart condor to enable that functionality.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin