Re: [HTCondor-users] Dynamic slots and concurrency...

https://htcondor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/wiki?p=ConsumptionPolicies
> for more information.

This puzzles me, since as far as I can tell over the past three years, my dynamic slots with partitionable leftover claiming have not run into any oversubscription problems with the MATLAB license concurrency limit. I did try switching to consumption policies when they first came out, but ran into what must have been bug 4945 where claimed slots hung in the Matched state, so I went back to CPL.

I suppose I should take a closer look at this. What's the right way to determine the negotiator's current tally for a given concurrency limit? Could my lack of noticeable problems be a result of using a single centralized scheduler  via SCHEDD_HOST = <hostname> instead of per-machine schedulers?

-Michael Pelletier.