Re: [HTCondor-users] Ovewriting Checkpoint platform

Thanks for your quick reply.
I'm in doubt on how checkpointing machanism works. Is the image unable to restart on a processor with different instruction set, providing the original job runs on both?
If I'm sure that none of my jobs uses SSSE4 opcodes and I rewrite the Âis_valid_checkpoint_platform _expression, would an newer execute machine (with ssse4) produce a checkpoint that is unable to run on older machines?
I' m asking this because when I was using version 7.6.6 some programs died inmediately after restarting from a checkpoint.
In this case, should I configure a checkpoint server on the oldest machine I have?