[HTCondor-users] DAGMan and remote_initialdir

Hello,

I am using condor 8.0.3 together with a shared file system (i.e. I do not have to transfer any files).

In order to get the output files to the right place, I had to set the the remote_initialdir in my command file as follows:

universe = vanilla

getenv = true

nice_user = true

remote_initialdir = $ENV(PWD)

and accordingly submitted the jobs from the wanted directory.

Now I would like to make use of condor's DAGMan and specify the working directory in the corresponding dag file:

JOB <jobname> <path/to/cmd_file.cmd> DIR <!!WORKING DIR!!>

This way, the directory I am submitting from is not necessarily the desired output dir.

But how can I make condor aware of the the remote_initialdir that is defined in the corresponding DAG file?

(Something like "remote_intialdir = $(initialdir)", If I understood everything correctly and this is the directory to be set by the DAGMan...)

Thank you to everyone,

Philipp

--

Philipp Mahlberg

Helmholtz-Institut für Strahlen- und Kernphysik

Raum 1.026

Nussallee 14-16

53115 Bonn

Germamy