Re: [HTCondor-users] Condor would do the upgrade aotumaticly, if a new machine with the latest condor version added?

On Oct 20, 2015, at 8:02 PM, Sunshine <492096437@xxxxxx> wrote:

Condor would do the upgrade aotumaticly,if a new machine with the latest condor version added?
I found condor upgraded from 8.2.8 to 8.4.0, and nobody did the upgrade.
The reason maybe that we added a new machine to the Condor pool. The new machine used yum to install Condor. So its condor version is latest.

HTCondor does not upgrade itself. But if an administrator or service upgraded the HTCondor files on disk, the condor_master will notice the new binaries and restart all of the daemons.

Thanks and regards,
Jaime Frey
UW-Madison HTCondor Project