Re: [HTCondor-users] Remote submission Window -> Linux

On 4/20/16, 8:08 AM, "HTCondor-users on behalf of Felix Ulber" <htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of felix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Hi there,
>trying to remote submit from a window machine on a linux machine using
>password authentication I just cannot get it to work. Before I supply
>some configuration information I just wannted to raise the question if
>this is possible at all? As for example in this post
>https://www-auth.cs.wisc.edu/lists/htcondor-users/2013-June/msg00127.shtml
>it seems something else is stated.

Password authentication itself should work between Windows and Linux.

However, using Password authentication to submit jobs typically won't, because you are then authenticating as "condor_pool" instead of the actual user who is submitting the job.  When the SchedD sees this mismatch, it rejects the job submission.  You'll probably see something like "OwnerCheck failed" in the SchedD log if this is the case.

If you have only one user submitting jobs (for example, if this is a portal of some kind) you can configure the CERTIFICATE_MAPFILE on the SchedD to say which user you want the job to enter the queue as, and then put this in your submit file:
  +Owner = UNDEFINED

Otherwise, if you are still having trouble, please open a ticket by email htcondor-admin.  Temporarily set your condor_config to include:
  SCHEDD_DEBUG = D_SECURITY:2
  TOOL_DEBUG = D_SECURITY:2

And then include the output of "condor_submit -debug ..." and the SchedLog.  Thanks.

Cheers,
-zach