Re: [HTCondor-users] persistency of generic ClassAds

From: Thomas Hartmann <thomas.hartmann@xxxxxxx>
Date: 08/03/2016 09:50 AM

> From the docs I assume, that no crons are possible for masters but only
> for startds and schedds?
> I was thinking about cases, where one may wants to add some generic
> monitoring information for both, plain workers and plain submitters, and
> thus trying to go via the master? But I guess in the end it is not much
> of a hassle just to reuse the same config for a startd and a schedd setup.

I've been thinking about this question too, but maybe there's already
an answer for my own situation?

There's an output-storage filesystem for which I've got a startd cron job
to monitor the available disk space, because if that gets too close to
filling up I don't want startd's to accept any more jobs, but under the
current arrangement each startd has to run its own disk-free check on the
same filesystem. If there was a way to have the master run that once and
populate all the startds with the value, or allow the startds to query
attributes from other daemons, that'd shave off a bit of inefficiency in
this case, and make things a bit more scalable.

Is there an existing way for the startd to use scheduler attributes in
expressions, so if I turned the disk-free attribute into a scheddd cron
it could be shared by all the startds?

        -Michael Pelletier.
_