Re: [HTCondor-users] Communication error when trying to add second machine

I've set the SELinux policy to permissive (and disabled) but nothing has changed.

As far as I can tell, there's a lot of issues with SELinux only /actually/ being disabled if you disable it and then reboot (with it configured to being disabled). Don't know if that's what's going on here.

Does anyone have any ideas?

The file /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_local_port_range is written by HTCondor's default linux kernel tuning script; for scaling purposes, we want the local port range to be as wide as possible, and in some cases it's not set that way by default.

We're actively working on improving HTCondor's interoperability with SELInux, but until that's done, you can either disable the tuning script in the HTCondor configuration (set ENABLE_KERNEL_TUNING to FALSE) or edit the tuning script (do 'condor_config_val LINUX_KERNEL_TUNING_SCRIPT' to find it on your system) and comment out the line starting 'setKernelParameter "LOCAL_PORT_RANGE"'.

I have no idea why SELinux would care on one machine and not the other, though.

- ToddM