Re: [HTCondor-users] Condor_config_val stopped working after updating to 8.4.7

Hi Kashif,

Just as a test to rule it out.

Could you run the following from the same node as the condor_config_val.

condor_ping -name <node-name> -type STARTD -table ALL

There should be a line starting with ADMINISTRATOR.

e.g.

ADMINISTRATOR            GSI       3DES       MD5    ALLOW cm@xxxxxxxxxxxx

If the last column in that is unmapped or FAIL then you have a security/authorization mis-configuration.

You should also see in the StartLog of the startd a message to say that it failed and it may give a reason.

You might need to enable D_SECURITY in STARTD_DEBUG.

Cheers, Iain