From: HTCondor-users [mailto:htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of andrew.lahiff@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2016 9:22 AM
To: htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-users] Condor_config_val stopped working after updating to 8.4.7

Hi,

I've noticed the exact same problem. By running "condor_config_val -startd -dump SETTABLE_" on 8.4.4 I see:

SETTABLE_ATTRS_ADMINISTRATOR = StartJobs STARTD.SETTABLE_ATTRS_ADMINISTRATOR = StartJobs

even though in the config I only have:

STARTD.SETTABLE_ATTRS_ADMINISTRATOR=StartJobs

In more recent versions of HTCondor, with the same config, by running "condor_config_val -startd -dump SETTABLE_" I see there's a difference:

SETTABLE_ATTRS_ADMINISTRATOR =
STARTD.SETTABLE_ATTRS_ADMINISTRATOR = StartJobs

A quick work-around seems to be to just add the following line:

SETTABLE_ATTRS_ADMINISTRATOR=StartJobs

to the config and do a condor_reconfig, then everything works as expected.

Regards,
Andrew.