Re: [HTCondor-users] jobs getting run as nobody

Did You have

STARTER_ALLOW_RUNAS_OWNER = TRUE

On the execute side?

From: HTCondor-users [mailto:htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Francisco Pereira
Sent: Tuesday, February 9, 2016 7:31 PM
To: Condor-Users Mail List <condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [HTCondor-users] jobs getting run as nobody

hi,

I am trying to understand the circumstances in which a job will run as user "nobody", rather than the user that submitted the job, which we would prefer.

We have home directories mounted via NFS to all the machines in a small cluster, and the UIDs for users are the same across them. As suggested in the manual, I set

FILESYSTEM_DOMAIN = <our domain>

UID_DOMAIN = <our domain>

TRUST_UID_DOMAIN = TRUE

SOFT_UID_DOMAIN = TRUE

in the configuration files of both the submitting and executing machine. I then submit a job with a test script that has

run_as_owner = True

and gives us the output of `pwd`, `hostname` and `whoami`, which confirms that it runs as "nobody" in the correct machine.

What am I overlooking here?

thank you very much for any help!

Francisco