Re: [HTCondor-users] Accessing historical condor usage statistics

From: Todd Tannenbaum <tannenba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 01/04/2016 02:32 PM

> 2. I have not personally used the condor_stats command for years; these
> days here at UW we instead use the condor_gangliad to send usage info to
> Ganglia and also use the condor_pool_job_report script to generate daily
> reports.  See

http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/manual/current/condor_pool_job_report.html

http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/manual/current/3_10Monitoring.html#42455

I can put in a plug for Ganglia - I just set it up at the end of December and was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was using the EPEL repository packages for CentOS/Red Hat. I had it up and running on the central manager with just a couple of lines of config tweaks, including starting the condor_gangliad. The fact that it aggregates data from clusters of machines right out of the box was a big benefit for what I'm working on now - I needed something that could give me a comprehensive overview of the pool quickly without a lot of tinkering, and that's just what I got.

   -Michael Pelletier.