Re: [HTCondor-users] load_profile and run_as_owner

Sorry, there is no workaround for loading the profile of a run_as_owner user.

Your only option for now is to setup dedicated slot users with the necessary registry settings, and use load_profile = true.

There is a comment in the code dating from 2008 indicating that we would like to address this deficiency.

    NOTE: We currently *ONLY* support loading slot-user profiles.

    This limitation will be addressed shortly, by allowing regular

    users to load their registry hive - Ben [2008-09-31]

The developer who wrote that comment is no longer contributing to HTCondor, and none of those who are still here know why this restriction exists.  The core HTCondor team doesn’t really have the resources to work on this. But we would welcome a patch to fix this problem.  It might be simple to thing to fix for someone who has access to Windows machines on a domain.   If you are interested in contributing, please contact me and I’ll help you get started.

-tj