Re: [HTCondor-users] [FSL] Parallel processing: Condor or SGE with CentOS 7

You likely can get knowledgable answers on this on the HTCondor support mailing list.

You can check the archive and subscribe if you wish at https://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor

HTH - Don

From: FSL - FMRIB's Software Library [mailto:FSL@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of d m
Sent: Friday, July 15, 2016 8:47 PM
To: FSL@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FSL] Parallel processing: Condor or SGE with CentOS 7

Hello,

Space

We are using a linux server with CentOS 7 installed.

We want to take advantage of our multi-core system, and were wondering which is the best setup to use. In the past we used ubuntu, and condor was a pretty easy setup.

Does Condor work with CentOS 7? It is a much easier setup than SGE. However, we installed Condor on our CentOS 7 system. But it still did not use multiple threads when running tbss_2_proc. Has anyone  had success running condor with CentOS 7?

If not, what about SGE and parallel processing with CentOS 7?

Your would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you.

d.m.