Re: [HTCondor-users] Parallel environment

From: Francesca Maccarone <dike991@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 06/03/2016 11:31 AM

> Thanks Michael,

> I took your advice, and I added these lines in all files /etc/condor/
> config.d/00debconf :

> DedicatedScheduler = "DedicatedScheduler@Master"

> STARTD_ATTRS = $(STARTD_ATTRS), DedicatedScheduler
>
> The problem is when I try to run my jobs, these remain idle. The log file
> contains only :

> Job submitted from host 192.168.56.101

> Only the first job is submitted, while the rest isn't submitted. I don't
> understand where is the problem.

> Thanks in advance

In the config above, the jobs would need to be submitted to the "Master"
host's scheduler, via "condor_submit -name Master submitfile"

If you submitted the job to the local scchedd on the other host, then
they won't match.

I have my pools set up with a single scheduler and
use the SCHEDD_HOST config to direct everything to it, rather than having
a separate scheduler on each pool member, due mainly to Grid Engine
legacy considerations and the user expectations that created.

        -Michael Pelletier.
_