[HTCondor-users] HTcondor High-Availability and dual-stack

Dear all,

We are doing some testing with a small Htcondor pool with dual-stack. We are running the development version 8.5.4.

At the beginning, we were using the options: ENABLE_IPV4 = auto, ENABLE_IPV6 = auto and PREFER_IPV4 = false, so, our idea was to force HTcondor to use IPv6 as preferred option. We observed that the communication between the execution nodes and the central managers was fine, also with the schedds, but we had problems with the condor_had daemon in our central managers.

In the HADlog, we can see (where ipv4 and ipv6 are the corresponding addresses):

HAD CONFIGURATION ERROR: my address '<ipv4:51450?addrs=[ipv6]-51450+ipv4-51450>'is not present in HAD_LIST 'xxxx.pic.es:51450, xxxx.pic.es:51450'

The High Availability daemon fails and then the negotiator daemon is not running in any of our central managers.

Similarly, changing to PREFER_IPV4 = true doesn't solve the problem and we see:

HADStateMachine::setReplicationDaemonSinfulStringhost names of machine and replication daemon do not match: ipv4:51450?addrs=ipv4-51450+[ipv6 vs. ipv4

Thus, we have to change to ENABLE_IPV4 = false and PREFER_IPV4 = false, to have High-Availability working again with IPv6 (or ENABLE_IPV6= false to use IPv4).

I'm not sure if I'm using the correct options or this is a known issue.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Carles

--