From: HTCondor-users [htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Thomas Hartmann [thomas.hartmann@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 07 June 2016 13:54
To: HTCondor-Users Mail List
Subject: [HTCondor-users] Log messages for malformed config files?

Hi all,

I have just stumbled over a malformed config file, that caused submitted
jobs not to get onto any resources. I.e., I forgot a closing bracket in
a series of brackets ~~> '... \ "other" ))))))'

I have been looking for log messages, that one could use the next time
to identify broken configs. However, I have found no error message
related to the config (or the affected ClassAd) yet.

So, my current guess is that condor daemons skip silently over malformed
config files? Or maybe some higher log-level is necessary (DEBUG?)?

Cheers,
  Thomas