Re: [HTCondor-users] collecting job statistics

From: Thomas Hartmann <thomas.hartmann@xxxxxxx>
Date: 06/10/2016 11:22 AM

> I trying to collect job statistics in an exit hook.
> Since I have not yet found a way to collect job statistics, i.e. the
> job's ClassAds, from the context of the job, I go somewhat of a detour.
> So, effectively I am querying the collector for all schedds and query
> these for the job I am on, to get the job's ClassAds:

The hook_job_exit script gets the full job ClassAd passed to it on
the standard input. In Perl, I usually do this:

        while(<STDIN>) {
                chomp;
                my ($key, $val) = split(m{\s=\s}, $_, 2);
                $ad{lc($key)} = $val;
        }

Is this what you're looking for?

Also, the "Local__Cpu" values reflect the CPU time used on the submitting
machine. For a typical vanilla universe job this is normally going to be
less than one tenth of a CPU-second given how little the submit machine
needs to do to submit the job, so the 0.0 numbers in those values are not
surprising.

        -Michael Pelletier.
_