Re: [HTCondor-users] protocol error in collector after housekeeping

So this issue that impacted Klint is now fixed for future versions of HTCondor, specifically HTCondor v8.4.9+ and v8.5.6+ will no longer have this problem. Details at
  https://htcondor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/tktview?tn=5762

Much thanks to Klint for all the detailed reporting/troubleshooting.

regards,
Todd

Hi Klint,

I think I can reproduce problem you observed by setting NO_DNS =
True in my central manager.

What value of NO_DNS and DEFAULT_DOMAIN_NAME are you using for your
collector?  Assuming you have NO_DNS = True in your setup, I think I
now know enough about the problem to make a patch in the code, thus
sparing this pain for future users.

Thanks for reporting the issue.

regards, Todd