Re: [HTCondor-users] Globus error 129 with large files

On 14.3.2016. 20:48, Jaime Frey wrote:
The HTCondor gridmanager is checking the size of stdout and stderr as 32-bit values. If the GRAM jobmanager is doing the same, then the checks may not be sensitive to file sizes larger than 2GB or 4GB.

I suspect the Globus GASS server library inside the gahp_server is reading the entire file into memory before or as it writes it out to disk. The GASS file transfer protocol that we use with GRAM isnât suited for multi-gigabyte files.

Ok, thanks for your response.

Is there an alternative transport that could be used?

Cheers
--
Emir Imamagic
SRCE - University of Zagreb University Computing Centre, www.srce.unizg.hr