Re: [HTCondor-users] write and execute from different computer in grid

Ben,

very good advice. I really approciate it. I have set UID_DOMAINs on both machines at condor_hostname's FULL_HOSTNAME and everything work to me.

I hope it is not huge security risk, but it definitely works.

Kind regards,
RenÃ

Cituji Ben Cotton <ben.cotton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

RenÃ,

I'm not sure it's a matter of the UID/GID of the HTCondor daemons. I
assume you expect the job to be able to read-write as your user
account (or the account of whoever ran `condor_submit`)?  In that
case, does the UID_DOMAIN setting on both machines match? See the
following section for configuring shared filesystems:

http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/manual/v8.4/3_3Configuration.html#SECTION00436000000000000000

Thanks,
BC

--