Re: [HTCondor-users] Possibility for setting default classad in scheduler

Hi,

I think you might be looking for SUBMIT_ATTRS.  I copy/paste from the manual below:

SUBMIT_ATTRS
A comma-separated and/or space-separated list of ClassAd attribute names for which the attribute and value will be inserted into all the job ClassAds that condor_submit creates. In this way, it is like the"+" syntax in a submit description file. Attributes defined in the submit description file with "+" will override attributes defined in the configuration file with SUBMIT_ATTRS. Note that adding an attribute to a job's ClassAd will not function as a method for specifying default values of submit description file commands forgotten in a job's submit description file. The command in the submit description file results in actions by condor_submit, while the use of SUBMIT_ATTRS adds a job ClassAd attribute at a later point in time. SUBMIT_EXPRS is a historic setting that functions identically to SUBMIT_ATTRS. It may be removed in the future, so use SUBMIT_ATTRS.

However, for your specific example, the better approach is to try the techniques in this section of the manual:

http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/manual/v8.4/2_5Submitting_Job.html#SECTION00358000000000000000

which discusses how to configure your cluster / jobs so executables are not transferred.

Brian