Re: [HTCondor-users] Fwd: URGENT - HTcondor condor_8.4.9-382747-ubuntu14_amd64.deb INFECTED - Benjamin.

On 11/16/2016 1:23 AM, Benjamin LIPERE wrote:
Do you plan a patch ? Please let me know.

Just to be clear, there is no bug in HTCondor to patch. If we knew what was triggering Dr Web to falsely identify our 'condor_ckpt_probe' tool on Ubuntu as a virus we could perhaps change it. We have sent email to the support channel for Dr Web with our findings and have not yet heard a response. If you have contracted support with Dr Web, perhaps you could do the same - maybe you'd get a faster response. Then you could forward along to us what they say :).

In the meantime, if you do not intend to recompile your jobs with condor_compile and then submit jobs with "universe=standard" to HTCondor, or if you have no idea what I am talking about with regards to condor_compile and standard universe, then the condor_ckpt_probe binary is not required and can be removed with no consequences.

Hope this helps,
Todd

Le 16 nov. 2016 03:47, "Tim Theisen" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>> a Ãcrit :

     I have rebuilt HTCondor on a fresh Ubuntu14 installation, I checked
    the signatures and checksums. I am confident that this is a false
    positive.

    This particular executable is only used to determine standard
    universe support. If Dr. Web deletes this file, most of HTCondor
    will continue to work properly.

    ...Tim

--
Todd Tannenbaum <tannenba@xxxxxxxxxxx> University of Wisconsin-Madison
Center for High Throughput Computing   Department of Computer Sciences