[HTCondor-users] Cannot find htcondor python bindings on Ubuntu 16.04

Dear experts,

I am currently trying to get the condor python bindings working on ubuntu 16.04.
I've installed the available condor package (8.4.2, nice automatic configuration btw) but cannot find the corresponding python package (condor-python on SL6).

Initially, I thought the bindings might be included, but I can neither import htcondor nor classad in the system's native python (2.7.12), nor can I find htcondor.so and classad.so anywhere on the system.

What am I missing?

Cheers,
Luke