Re: [HTCondor-users] Output File Transfer Permissions

On 10/5/2016 9:21 AM, Deck, William wrote:
Currently we are dealing with an issue where we are running matlab
scripts that execute on a Windows box and write to a matlab log file.
This file gets written to the condor_startd directory and is transferred
to a shared Lustre filesystem upon completion.  The only issue is the
permissions being set are rw for only the user who created it.  For example:

-rw-------  1 deck users 22779 Oct  5 09:25 m.matlog

Is there a knob to turn that will set the permissions on the file or is
this simply inherited from what matlab or the system is setting?

HTCondor's file transfer mechanism preserves the permissions of the files it moves. So if the job creates a file with perm 0600, then when the file is transferred back to the submit node HTCondor will keep the permission the same at 0600. Perhaps you could create m.matlog as a zero-length file with the permissions you want and add it to transfer_intput_files? Also, I have to admit, I am not sure what happens if you are submitting from Linux and running on Windows (is that what you are doing?), and I also do not know if there is an equal to Linux's umask on Windows...

There is the knob JOB_EXECDIR_PERMISSION, but I don't that that matters for you...

Sorry I couldn't help more
Todd

Thanks.

--

Will Deck

IMPORTANT: The information contained in this email and/or its
attachments is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient,
please notify the sender immediately by reply and immediately delete
this message and all its attachments. Any review, use, reproduction,
disclosure or dissemination of this message or any attachment by an
unintended recipient is strictly prohibited. Neither this message nor
any attachment is intended as or should be construed as an offer,
solicitation or recommendation to buy or sell any security or other
financial instrument. Neither the sender, his or her employer nor any of
their respective affiliates makes any warranties as to the completeness
or accuracy of any of the information contained herein or that this
message or any of its attachments is free of viruses.