[HTCondor-users] new files under config.d directory

Condor Team:

I manage most of my Condor nodes (submit/execute) with Puppet but I haven't yet bothered to migrate my manager over.

Since I configure Puppet to "purge" the condor directories of unknown files, I'm blissfully unaware of files that you add to /etc/condor. I discovered a couple new files on my manager today - 49ec2-instance.sh andÂ50ec2.config. These are listed in the contents for the Condor package (Debian jessie, development release 8.5.7).

An obvious interpretation is something AWS-related and a skim tells me that it's polling an AWS status interface that ToddM talked about at CondorWeek 2016. But, in detail, what are they doing? Are these configurations effectively disabled unless I turn other knobs myself?

--
Tom Downes
Senior Scientist and Data CenterÂManager