From: HTCondor-users [mailto:htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dimitri Maziuk
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2016 9:44 AM
To: htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-users] Is there a non-hack way to have a submit description exit and throw an error message?

On 2016-09-26 17:21, Michael Pelletier wrote:
> The key thing to remember about the submit description, Dmitri, is
that it's declarative, not procedural. It can take a bit of time to get the hang of that concept, as I know from personal experience, but it's pretty powerful once you do.

My point had nothing to do with programming paradigms, it was that with large batches it is quite common to want "some or nothing". As opposed to all or nothing that's being implemented.

Dimitri