[HTCondor-users] Behaviour of DAGMAN_ALWAYS_RUN_POST in absence of PRE

Please can I just clarify from this:

http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/manual/v8.5/2_10DAGMan_Applications.html

Suppose you don't have a PRE script, but you do have a POST script. Let's say DAGMAN_ALWAYS_RUN_POST is False (which is the default from 8.5.4).

Is it true that if the DAG node fails, the POST script will still be run? And if the POST script returns 0, the node will be treated as successful?

What I'm looking for is a simple way to say "if the DAG node fails, then don't run the POST script, and make sure DAGman treats the node as failed too".

At the moment, as far as I can tell, it's necessary to pass $RETURN to the POST script, and the POST script must exit with this value if it's non-zero. Is that correct?

Thanks,

Brian.