[HTCondor-users] Implementing non-uniform random choice of RANK expression

Hello.

I'd like to configure worker nodes to randomly pick a non-uniform random RANK expression on start-up. For example, given 3 choices of RANK, I want, say, 70% of nodes pick the first one, 20% the second one, and 10% the third one, or, in pseudo-code:

r=random()
if r < .7:
    RANK=rank1
else if r < .9:
    RANK=rank2
else:
    RANK=rank2

I am not sure how to do this in Condor's configuration language. If I do something like the following, it seems that a new random number is used in each clause:

r=random()
RANK=ifthenelse($(r) < 0.7, $(rank1), ifthenelse($(r) < 0.9, $(rank2), ...

How can I tell condor to assign a random number to variable "r" and then reference its value instead of interpolating it? Or, maybe there is a better way to do what I am trying to do?

Thanks,

Vlad