Re: [HTCondor-users] About idle job on Condor

On Sun, Apr 16, 2017 at 2:07 AM, Bansal, Vikas <Vikas.Bansal@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It seems there is no match. Is this the reason for it to be in Idle?

Yes, that would do it. If there is no slot that matches the job's
requirements, the job cannot run.

> Also on what basis is condor giving a suggestion? I mean why is it
> suggesting to use slot1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?

The suggestions are an attempt to be helpful. In this case, since
there's no slot that matches the name you require, it picks another
one. I'm not sure how it selects it.

> Also does condor kill Idle jobs after some time? By default what is that
> time limit?

It does not. You can use the periodic_remove setting in your submit
file (or the SYSTEM_PERIODIC_REMOVE configuration macro on your
schedulers) to achieve this behavior. Otherwise, the scheduler will
happily keep jobs around indefinitely. I've seen months-old held jobs
before.

Thanks,
BC

--