Re: [HTCondor-users] startd job count limit to limit the damage of black holes

You can make the startd lie to the negotiator about how many CPU cores the machine has via NUM_CPUS in the configuration, or configure the unproven system with a single static whole-machine slot instead of a partitionable slot or collection of static slots.

With that approach, you wouldn't need to alter the start expression at all.

	-Michael Pelletier.