[HTCondor-users] Help running condor_submit from outside a shell environment

Hi all,

Iâm a new Condor user, and Iâm having issues with condor_submit.

I have a script that builds a .submit file (letâs call it DNA.submit), and the last line runs condor_submit DNA.submit. When executing this script from the command line on my server, condor submits the file. However, when I execute it from a python script using Paramikoâs exec_command function, the script runs correctly, but condor_submit does not run. Iâve copy and pasted the call from python into server to ensure itâs the same exact command, but it simply doesnât work.

I actually even just tried running

exec_command(condor_submit test.sh)

From python to test if condor_submit will even run test.sh at all, and that didnât work. Anyone have experience calling condor_submit from outside the shell environment?

Thanks for any help you can offer!