[HTCondor-users] Odd behavior of condor_master in SL7

Hi,

I have an odd issue that I'm trying to understand. I'm running HTCondor 8.4.11 on an SL7.4 system, testing various and sundry. If the service is running, and I stop it via condor_off -fast -daemon master, or even just condor_off -daemon master, then everything obligingly shuts down.

EXACTLY one minute later though, the master starts, starts all daemons, and happily surges onwards despite what it had just been told???

Is this understood by anyone? Is there a way around it? "systemctl stop condor" works to stop the service though.

Thanks,
bob