[HTCondor-users] GPU discovery with CUDA 9.x and NVIDIA Volta cards?

Hey there,

Has anyone had success running condor_gpu_discovery 8.6.8 for CUDA detection of V100 cards yet? I have the 9.x drivers in place, the cards are recognized by the nvidia-smi command, and the /dev/nvidia* devices appear as expected, but condor_gpu_discovery 8.6.8 can only detect them with the “-opencl” option – the –cuda option doesn’t show them. Perhaps an issue with an 8.x vs 9.x cudart library? The v9 driver is needed to recognize and use the Volta architecture.

I’m working through some tests now, but please let me know if you’ve gotten this going.

              -Michael Pelletier.